Our School Offer for SEND: Parents/Carers Questions and Answers
1. How will the school consider my views and those of my child with regard to her/his difficulties with learning, special education need or disability?
2. Who are the best people to talk to at St Mary Magdalene’s school about my child’s special educational needs, disability or difficulties with learning?
How will the school let me know if they have any concerns about my child’s learning, special educational need or disability?
4. How does St Mary Magdalene School ensure the teaching staff are appropriately trained to support my child’s special educational needs and/or disability?
5. How will the curriculum and the school environment be matched to my child’s needs?
6. What types of support may be suitable and available for my child?
7. How will you support my child to reach his/her learning goals?
8. What is an EHC plan and who can request one for my child?
9. How will you help me to support my child’s learning?
10. How is support allocated to children and how do they move between the different levels of support in school?
11. How will the school know that the support has made a difference to my child’s learning and how can I and my child be included in this review process?
12. What support will there be for my child’s happiness and wellbeing at St Mary Magdalene School?
13. How is my child included in all the same activities as his/her peers at school?
14. How will St Mary Magdalene School support my child in transition stages?
15. If I have any other questions about my child at St Mary Magdalene School, who can I ask?